We love life!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Such Peace!

PEACE

Here I sit soooo peaceful! But I must say that was not the case a month ago! Due to a situation we were facing I became a very restless soul. I was having a really hard time sleeping at night, and had very little patience for anybody during the day. Sometimes I even found myself unable to even lift up my arms! It was ridiculous! I started to exercise (even though I would feel even worse after doing so) and take vitamins per my husbands suggestion....we looked into it maybe being a thyroid issue etc... BUT then God! O how I love that phrase! It always makes me smile! One night we were at our small group we go to each month...(another reason why it is a MUST to be in a small group, no matter the church you go to!) And they asked for prayer requests...and I explained the situation and asked them to pray for me. And our leader being the woman of God that she is had discernment and just started asking me some questions. After a few minutes we came to realize that I had taken a huge burden upon myself that God never intended me to have! And even though I wasn't doing anything more than usual I was mentally exhausted to the point it started to affect my health! So she helped me lay down that burden and release myself from carrying it any longer. I literally felt a heavy load be lifted off my back! My neck wasn't hurting anymore! And I went home and went to bed! AND slept all night! Since then I have had such peace and joy just knowing I am pleasing to my Father just being who He created me to be. I don't have to do more in order to remain His favorite! Now to be honest there are days when that burden tries to creep up on me. But I refuse to allow it to!

Say all this to say... if you are feeling stressed or even just lethargic and don't really know why perhaps you have taken a burden upon you that He never intended for you to carry. So many times in church you hear about 'His burden being light' and that we need to lay down the burden. But rarely do we hear about how that burden gets upon us in the first place! You see I had opened the door for the enemy to lie to me and convince me that it was my burden to carry. So our small group leader saw that and guided me in closing that door and choosing to believe the truth vs the lie I was listening to! It was so eye opening for me to go through this situation myself! I have walked so many others through this but to do it for myself was one of the most relieving things I've ever experienced! So if you are feeling like this or know someone that is, encourage them to search themselves and see if maybe they opened a door to the king of lies and thus started believing a lie. Because those lies with affect your health and just make you miserable! And O what joy there is when God lifts that burden off of you! At last you are able to rest. At last you are at peace! At last your joy comes!
But God cares for you so much that He lifts your burden! Thank U for lifting my burden!

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”   Matthew 11:29-30  

No comments:

Post a Comment