We love life!

Monday, March 1, 2010

A little Challenge!

So for the last few months God has been showing me a few things.... Due to having two kids now I have to wake up really early and go get our groceries before the day gets started. Or I take both kiddos with me, and well if you haven't heard what happened the first and last time I did that, ask me in person! LOL 
Anyhow, He has been convicting me of complaining about that. I speak so highly of the Proverbs 31 woman and yet when I am following her example ("She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family...) I complain and want sympathy! Yikes! Needless to say, I no longer complain but I truly do find joy in going and preparing for my family. The other part is couponing! Yes, I have joined those 'crazy' ladies! I said I wouldn't but after rereading Proverbs 31 I think that this is a biblical thing that as a godly wife/mother I should do. And the weird thing is, I enjoy it! I find myself getting so excited when I leave a store and have saved more than I spent! It's addicting because I'm always trying to beat my savings each week!
Anyhow, say all that to say, I challenge you as a woman of God to reread Proverbs 31 and to ask Him what it is He'd like to show you about your life these days! Beware that change might be ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Great... I love this challenge, I read that chapter a few times already this morning and have really been convicted of the whole waking up early thing too. I really value the sleep that I am able to get, so this will be tough for me, but I know that is the only time of the day I can truly spend with the Lord.
    I am so excited for your couponing adventure, that's what it is!! I wish everyone could catch that bug... and by the way, I am soooo not crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You did it:). I'm adding you to my list now....
    And couponing...ugh. Gets my brain all jumbled up. Maybe one day I'll join you. And I was just thinking of Proverbs 31 yesterday...hmm.

    ReplyDelete